Be inspiring … get connected … make a difference.
Silkwood School inspires students to explore, innovate and thrive in their learning adventure … it’s The Silkwood Way.
Success in the 21st century will require design thinkers, innovators, change agents and entrepreneurs – people who are able, and empowered – to adapt in a quickly changing world. For this reason, while content knowledge is important at Silkwood, we also place value on building a student’s capacity to ‘learn how to learn’.
Silkwood develops student intelligence through knowledge, experience, creativity, and their thinking in ways that keep curiosity and imagination alert, keeping their innate love of learning burning bright.
Silkwood students are confident in their ability to have freedom of thought and expression. We encourage boldness, a ‘can-do’ attitude and celebrate diversity.
We see that Learning should be an adventure and The Silkwood Way motivates students to discover this for themselves.
For this reason, our aspirations for the Silkwood Prep to Year 12 Learning Adventure is for our students to achieve being able to;
- Use creative, innovative and critical thinking to make a difference.
- Use their passions, talents and skill to create a future that excites them and contributes positively to our world.
- See the adventure, opportunity, connections and possibilities in life.
- Act with respect towards themselves, others and our world.
- Create their own financial independence in win/win ways.
- Turn dreams and ideas into reality.
- Accept life’s challenges with a resilient and flexible attitude.
- Create a happy and healthy life balance.
- Communicate with maturity, openness and integrity.
- Embrace fun, and live with curiosity.
Silkwood stands apart from other schools. But don’t take our word for it, come visit the school and have your child ‘Spend a Day’ to experience The Silkwood Way for yourself.